What is the ‘Airports Commission’?
In 2012 the Government created the Airports Commission to inform their decision of the location for a new runway in the South East of England.
The Airports Commission: final report was in summer 2015 and we now await the Government’s decision.
Please visit the Airports Commission website for more information.
While the CAA is impartial to the location, we recognise the need for additional runways. We assisted the Airports Commission by responding to consultations and provided our expertise of the aviation industry. The advice we offered covered:
- environmental concerns
- the airport commission process
- the possibility of an inner Thames estuary airport
- hub airport operations
- airport capacity – present and future
- Climate change (CAP1040) - May 2013
- Aviation Noise (CAP 1099) - September 2013
- CAA Response to the Airports Commission Air Quality Assessment Paper (CAP 1306) - May 2015
- Inner Thames Estuary feasibility studies (CAP 1173) - February 2014
- Inner Thames Estuary study outputs (CAP 1218) - August 2014