• Apply for an IR (H) using paper forms

    You will need to send us a completed application form and some other documents to apply for an IR (A).

    Application form

    To apply for an IR (H), use form SRG 1161.

    You can fill in the form on your computer and then print it, sign it and send it to the CAA by post or secure courier.

    You can also print the blank form and fill it in by hand in capital letters. Your completed form must be easy to read. If it isn’t, your application might be delayed.

    What to include with your form

    As well as your completed application form, you will need to send us the following documentation:

    • Proof of identity: certified copy of 1 of the following:
      • passport
      • EU photographic driving licence
      • EU identity card
    • Certified copy of your licence's validating EASA Part-MED medical certificate
    • Your original logbook(s) or certified copies of all relevant pages 
    • Certified copy of your existing licence including the certificate of revalidation page
    • Examiner's skill test report form (form SRG 2135)

    Depending on the details of your application, you may also need to send us:

    How to get copies of your documents certified

    How to submit your application

    Please send your completed application form and supporting documentation to the following address:

    Shared Service Centre
    Licensing and Assessment  
    Aviation House
    Beehive Ring Road
    West Sussex
    RH6 0YR

    Secure courier

    The CAA strongly recommends you use our secure courier service to have your documents returned to you. More information about our secure courier service

    Additional documentation

    If you are applying on the basis of

    you will need to send us additional documentation along with your application. Please see the Guidance on documentation section.

    Compulsory conversion to EASA licence

    If you have not already converted your pilot licence to an EASA licence, then applying for a rating to be issued onto it will mean that your licence will be compulsorily converted to an EASA licence and a conversion fee will be charged. These fees are set out in the Licence costs section

    ***More information about converting to an EASA licence