• Apply for an ATPL (H) using paper forms

    You will need to send us a completed application form and some other documents to apply for an ATPL (H).

    Application form

    To apply for an ATPL (H), use form SRG 1183 H.

    You can fill in the form on your computer and then print it, sign it and send it to the CAA by post or secure courier.

    You can also print the blank form and fill it in by hand in capital letters. Your completed form must be easy to read. If it isn’t, your application might be delayed.

    What to include with your form

    As well as your completed application form, you will need to send us the following documentation:

    • Proof of identity: certified copy of 1 of the following:
      • passport
      • EU photographic driving licence
      • EU identity card
    • Certified copy of your Class 1 EASA Part-MED medical certificate
    • Your original logbook(s) or certified copies of all relevant pages
    • Certified copy of your existing licence including the certificate of revalidation page
    • Examiner's skill test report form (form SRG 2138)
    • PIC/US letter (on company headed paper) from operating company; if type is flown 2-crew, refer to Licensing Officer

    Depending on the details of your application, you may also need to send us:

    • If you are applying for a class rating different to aircraft used for the ATPL (H) skill test, you will also need to send a completed form SRG 1173
    • If you completed your theoretical knowledge examinations outside the UK, you must send a certified copy of your examination results together with a certified copy of the ATO's approval certificate.

    How to get copies of your documents certified

    How to submit your application

    Please send your completed application form and supporting documentation to the following address:

    Shared Service Centre
    Licensing and Assessment
    Aviation House
    Gatwick Airport South
    West Sussex
    RH6 0YR

    Secure courier

    The CAA strongly recommends you use our secure courier service to have your documents returned to you. More information about our secure courier service

    Additional documentation

    If you are applying on the basis of

    you will need to send us additional documentation along with your application. Please see the Guidance on documentation section.