• EU exit

    Please note that, in the event of UK participation in EASA and mutual recognition of licences and certificates ceasing, some CAA website content and application forms may continue to carry the EASA logo or reference the EU or EASA rather than the UK CAA in the short term.  These will be updated in due course following the outcome of the transition period negotiations on the long-term aviation relationship between the UK and the EU.  In the meantime, the guidance provided and the application forms accessed via the CAA website portal will continue to be valid.

  • Replace your licence

    Pilots are required to have their licence with them when they fly. If your licence has been lost, damaged or stolen, you will need to request a replacement licence.

    Form and supporting documentation

    To request a replacement licence, use the online application form.

    You will also need to send us:

    • An original or certified copy of either your passport, a EEA/EU National Identity Card or a Full EU Photographic Driving Licence

    If you are requesting a replacement CPL, MPL or ATPL, you will also need to provide:

    • Your employer’s name
    • Your employer’s company AOC number

    How to get copies of your documents certified


    The fee payable for requesting a replacement licence is £48.

    An additional fee will be payable if you wish your documents to be returned by secure courier. See the Making sure your documents are safely returned section for more details.

    Please note

    You must still have a valid medical certificate of the appropriate level for the type of licence you are updating as well as a current and valid language proficiency level.

    Compulsory conversion to EASA licence

    If you have not already converted your pilot licence to an EASA licence, requesting a replacement licence will mean that your licence will be compulsorily converted to an EASA licence and a conversion fee will be charged. These fees are set out in the Licence costs section.


    If you need to send us any documentation, please use the following address:

    Licensing and Training Standards
    Licensing Department
    Aviation House
    Beehive Ring Road
    West Sussex
    RH6 0YR