• EU exit

    Please note that, in the event of UK participation in EASA and mutual recognition of licences and certificates ceasing, some CAA website content and application forms may continue to carry the EASA logo or reference the EU or EASA rather than the UK CAA in the short term. 

    These will be updated in due course following the outcome of the transition period negotiations on the long-term aviation relationship between the UK and the EU.  In the meantime, the guidance provided and the application forms accessed via the CAA website portal will continue to be valid.

  • Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisations (CAMOs) and organisations that hold a Part 21 approval must notify the CAA when an EASA temporary Permit to Fly is issued.


    The aircraft must be on the UK register and the organisation that issued the EASA temporary Permit to Fly, must hold the relevant privileges under their approval.

    How much does it cost?

    Application type Fee
    Where a CAMO, or Part-21 approved organisation, issues the permit to fly under the privileges of their approval and notifies the CAA accordingly, the CAMO, or Part-21 approved organisation. £28.00

    Please refer to ORS 5 3.4.2.

    In the event of a discrepancy between the information here and the Scheme of Charges, the Scheme of Charges takes precedence.

    What else do I need to know?

    How do I apply?

    Please email the following information to apply@caa.co.uk.

    • Copy of issued EASA Temporary Permit to Fly
    • Copy of completed CAA approved Flight Conditions / Copy of EASA (or Part 21J) approved Flight Conditions (EASA Form 18b or 18a)
    • Copy of any documentation referred to in EASA Form 18b or 18a (if applicable)
    • Relevant fee