The CAA provides a focal point for aviation related environmental complaints and enquiries.
The Civil Aviation Authority’s Directorate of Airspace Policy (DAP) provides a focal point for receiving and responding to aviation related environmental enquiries, including aircraft noise complaints, from the general public.
Information regarding a wide range of aviation activities can be found by reading our FAQs, looking at the more comprehensive factsheets or via the other useful links below. If having read through this information, you would like to register a complaint with the CAA, please submit the enquiry form at the bottom of the page.
The CAA has no authority over military aviation in the UK. For more information about military aviation or to register a complaint, please use the Ministry of Defence link below or call 0845 600 7580.
The CAA has no legal power to restrict aircraft activity due to noise nuisance.
Please read our most Frequently Asked Questions
01. Aviation Industry Roles & Responsibilities
02. The Rules of the Air Regulations
03. Structure and Operation of UK Airspace
04. Aerodromes Operations
05. Helicopter Activities and Private Landing Sites
06. Helicopter Activity over Central London
07. Flying Displays, Special Events and Aerobatics
08. General Aviation
09. Air Proximity Hazards, AIRPROX
10. Aircraft Noise and Emissions
11. Contrails, Wingtip Trails and Fuel Dumping
12. Unmanned Aircraft
• CAA - G-INFO
• CAA - CAP 393: Air Navigation: The Order and The Regulations
• CAA - Safety Information Leaflets
• CAA - Aviation Statistics
• CAA - London Helicopter Statistics
• International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) – Environment pages
• International Air Transport Association – Environment web pages
• Department for Transport
• Ministry of Defence
• UK Aeronautical Information Publication
Submit an Enquiry or Register a Complaint - AREE Enquiry Form.