FAQ Answer

FAQ Answer

What type of licence do I need?

This depends on how and where you are using your radio.

If you are using radio in an aircraft, an aircraft radio licence will be required if you are using fixed or permanently installed equipment. If you only use a VHF portable radio you can apply for a transportable licence.

If you are using radio equipment to speak to aircraft from the ground you will need to apply for an aeronautical ground station licence. You must also obtain an Air Navigation Order approval and the application form doubles as the application for the approval as well.The Radio LIcensing team will pass a copy of the form to the Air Traffic Management Team.

Radio Licensing