Entering changes to Registered Mortgages

Entering Changes to Registered Mortgages

Under the Mortgaging of Aircraft Order 1972 any changes to the details originally included on the Mortgage Entry lodged with the CAA and appearing on the UK Register of Aircraft Mortgages should be notified by the completion of a CA1760 Change in Particulars form signed by both the mortgagee and mortgagor.  This can include any change to the original entry (e.g. a change of address of one of the parties or a change in the upper limit of the loan of the mortgage). 

If either the mortgagee or mortgagor changes (e.g. the mortgage is reassigned) then all the original and new parties should sign the Change in Particulars form.

The completed form detailing the change to be made should be sent to Aircraft Registration with the appropriate fee, see Forms and Fees. Once printed and signed all documentation can be submitted as a scanned document via email to aircraft.reg@caa.co.uk .If all the relevant information has been submitted as scanned documents there is no requirement to send in hard copy originals. If the change of particulars form is submitted by email you must submit the relevant fee at the same time using form CA02. Again, this form can be completed online but it must be printed and signed before scanning and emailing. If we do not receive the fee with the application then we will be unable to process it.

As the Change in Particulars form is designed to accommodate any number of changes, the actual change being notified should be detailed in full in the blank space provided.

Once a Change in Particulars is entered on the UK Register of Aircraft Mortgages, Aircraft Registration will inform all parties concerned with the mortgage by email or letter in accordance with our Service standards.