I have a PPL Microlight

Private Pilot licence conversions

This is a non-ICAO microlight licence, issued until mid 2002 and valid for life in UK airspace. It requires an EASA or JAA class one or two medical certificate, LAPL medical certificate, or, more usually, a GP-countersigned NPPL medical declaration.

As microlights are non-EASA aircraft no conversion is required.

Microlights can also be flown by pilots with EASA FCL SEP privileges providing differences training is signed off in the log book by an instructor qualified to teach on microlights.