To get your LAPL (A) to fly aeroplanes or (H) to fly helicopters you will need to:
- For a LAPL (A) pass a flight test after a minimum of 30 hours' flying training with an approved organisation.
- For a LAPL (H) pass a flight test after a minimum of 40 hours' flying training.
- Pass nine multiple choice ground exams
- Pass a practical radio test to get your Flight Radiotelephony Operators Licence
- Pass an English language proficiency assessment - taken at the same time as your radio test. If English is not your main language, you may have to take a formal assessment of English proficiency with an approved specialist language assessor.
- Pass a medical to get a LAPL medical certificate issued by your GP, if they have signed up for the LAPL medical scheme, or from an Aeromedical Examiner (AME).
More detail on how to apply for this licence and the charges: