Paying the CAA
The CAA accepts payment by the following methods:
- Cheques must be made payable to “Civil Aviation Authority”
- Cheques must be in GBP (Pounds Sterling) and drawn on a UK bank (i.e. the cheque must show a UK sort-code and account number)
- Please write the name of the applicant and any relevant reference number on the reverse of the cheque (e.g. Mr John Smith 123456A, HolidayCo ATOL1234)
- N.B. As of 1 July 2013 cheques are not accepted if using the CAA online application form facility.
Electronic Bank Transfer
- Within the UK, electronic payments may be made by BACS, Faster Payments and CHAPS. All standard international payment methods are also possible. Our bank details are provided below.
- Please ensure the Reference / Beneficiary Reference / Payee Reference (whichever is used on your online banking system) is completed to show any unique reference number first, then the applicant name (if different from the name on your account) as with BACS we can typically only see the first 18 characters. Do not put “Civil Aviation Authority”.
- For online applications always quote the Application Submission Number e.g. CAI-7.
- Other examples are “123456A SRG1104”, “ATOL1234”, “12345678 INV00234”
- Please always send a remittance advice to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash is accepted in person at the Gatwick offices only for personal items (not business / corporate items). We will not accept any amounts over £1,000. Do not send cash by post.
- N.B. Cash is not accepted if using the CAA online application form facility.
Debit / Credit Card
- We accept payment by debit card and credit card for many items, both personal and business / corporate.
- We accept cards on the VISA and MasterCard networks only. We do not accept American Express, Diners Club, etc.
- Please note that we do not accept credit / debit card payments where the transaction is in excess of £25,000.
- As we are upgrading our systems to allow online applications, direct online payments will become available. We can also accept payment over the telephone or by post where online payment is not yet available.
- Do not send us credit / debit card details by email, as email is inherently insecure and hence it is not possible to guarantee the security of card details sent this way.