FAQ Answer

FAQ Answer

The agent cannot supply what I asked for and is asking me to pay more for an alternative flight

If you received a receipt with an ATOL number on it you should contact the ATOL holder for advice. The CAA regulates travel organisers primarily in order to provide customers with protection against their insolvency, to ensure that they do not become stranded abroad or lose money paid in advance when a tour operator fails. However we have no mandate to regulate the detailed standards of service that tour operators or their agents provide, or to dictate and interpret Booking Conditions.

If the company is in a trade association such as ABTA, the TTA or the Global Travel Group you should contact them for advice. If not you should contact Citizens Advice on 08454 040506 or visit www.adviceguide.org.uk for an opinion.

Consumer rights for Package Holidays are set out in the ‘Package Travel Regulations 1992’. Regulations 11, 12 and 13 relate to changes made before departure, and are enforced by Trading Standards Consumer Advice Office.

Problems with Travel Agents