Problems with Tour Operators

Resolving issues relating to tour operators and where you should direct complaints

Standards of Service

The CAA has no legal powers to regulate tour operators' standards of service. You should first take up the complaint with the company concerned.

If the matter remains unresolved and the company is a member of a trade association such as ABTA, the TTA or the Global Travel Group you should contact them for advice. If not you should contact Citizens Advice on 08454 040506 or visit

When a tour operator ceases trading

If you have booked with an ATOL holder that has ceased trading see the Failed Companies pages to see if you can claim a refund.

More Information: Problems with Tour Operators