Aircraft Registration

Information regarding the UK registration of an aircraft

All aircraft must be entered onto the UK Register before it is permitted to operate on a UK Certificate of Airworthiness or UK Permit to Fly.

The Aircraft Register WebPages are a comprehensive source of information.

Applying for aircraft registration or a change of registration mark

CAA Form CA1, together with the appropriate fee, should be sent to the Aircraft Registration Section. Details of costs can be found on the Aircraft Register Forms and Fees webpage.

Applications will be processed in accordance with the Aircraft Registration Section’s published Service Standards.

Please note that in the case of a change of registration mark, the valid Certificate of Airworthiness or Permit to Fly will be replaced free of charge.

Further Information

G-INFO- UK register database

The Air Navigation Order