Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16:30
Customers are seen in order of arrival. Customers may experience a delay during busy periods.
We recommend that customers with general enquiries visit the counter after 10.00
The CAA offers a ‘Same Day’ counter service for the following:
- Addition of a type or class rating to a flight crew licence
- Renewal of a type or class rating to a flight crew licence
- Removal of a restriction from a flight crew licence
- Revalidation or Renewal of a flight crew licence
- Change of address
- Inclusion of a Night Rating
- Inclusion of an Instructor Rating
- Removal of restrictions from the Instructor Rating
‘Same day services’ are subject to the following:
- Applicants must present themselves with the relevant and complete documentation before 11:30 AM otherwise the application presented will revert to 10 day turnaround service.
(The CAA will refuse any incomplete application).
- The lenth of time that an individual may have to wait will be dependent on the number of applications received prior to their arrrival at the counter.
- Multiple applications (1or more) for a same day service should be requested in writing and approved by the Flight Crew Services Manager before your arrival at our Public Counter. Requests should be made in writing by letter or email to email@example.com or by fax on 01293 573996.
- We are unable to provide a same day service for application for licence issue or upgrades, or any other service not listed above; however the applications may be handed in at the Public Counter and will be subject to 10 days turnaround service.
- Enquiries of a general nature may be addressed at the Public Counter, but not questions concerning the detail of licensing requirements or policy, or how the requirements may or may not apply in particular circumstances.
- Where it becomes apparent that a visitor to the public counter has a complex question, staff have been instructed to refer the enquirer to the CAA publication (CAP804, Part-FCL and AMC) and then if necessary to submit the question in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.