Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16:30
Customers are seen in order of arrival. Customers may experience a delay during busy periods.
We recommend that customers with general enquiries visit the counter after 10.00
The CAA offers a ‘Same Day’ counter service for the following:
- Addition of a type or class rating to a flight crew licence
- Renewal of a type or class rating to a flight crew licence
- Removal of a restriction from a flight crew licence
- Revalidation or Renewal of a flight crew licence
- Change of address
- Inclusion of an Instructor Rating
- Removal of restrictions from the Instructor Rating
Please note ‘Same day services’ are subject to the following:
- Applicants must present themselves with the relevant and complete documentation before 12:00 noon.
(The CAA will refuse any incomplete application).
- The maximum number of applications accepted from any one applicant/company for a same day service, without prior written agreement is 4.
- Applications for a same day service must be collected prior to the Public Counter closing at 16:30.
- Applications cannot be submitted for collection the following working day.
- The length of time that an individual may have to wait will be dependent on the number of applications received prior to their arrival at the counter.
- Paperwork brought in for a same day service which has not been collected will be posted to the customer by second-class post within the published SRG Code of Practice time scale.
- Any multiple rating applications (four or more) for a same day service to be made by one person/company shall be agreed beforehand with the Licensing Services Manager. Requests should be made in writing by letter or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax on 01293 573996. In order to maintain the service we provide we are not able to pre-book slots.
- We are unable to provide a same day service for applications for initial licence issue or licence upgrade or any other service not listed above; however the applications may be handed in at the counter.
- Enquiries of a general nature may be addressed at the Public Counter, but not questions concerning the detail of licensing requirements or policy, or how the requirements may or may not apply in particular circumstances.
- Where it becomes apparent that a visitor to the public counter has a complex question, staff have been instructed to refer the enquirer to the CAA publications (CAP804, PART-FCL and the AMC) and then if necessary to submit the question in writing to email@example.com