When a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Instrument Approach Procedure (IAP) is being considered at a particular licensed aerodrome, it is essential that all parties that require contact with the CAA liaise with each other.
Air Traffic Service Provider
GNSS Supported Services
- Guidance on compliance with the ICAO SARPS
- Guidance on Safety Assessment under the European Union (EU) Common Requirements Including GNSS Supported Approach Procedures
- GPS Monitoring reports
- EGNOS Performance reports
- Application process
Any queries or further guidance required should be addressed to: ATS Enquiries
Aerodrome and Air Traffic Standards Division
CAA Safety Regulation Group
2W Aviation House Gatwick Airport
Sussex RH6 0YR
Flight Operations Guidance on RNAV(GNSS)
- Approval Requirements
- Application Process
Any queries or further guidance required should be addressed to:
Flight Operations Policy (Flight Procedures)
Telephone: +44 (0) 1293 573909
Recommended Instrument Approach Procedure Approval flow process:
- Consider Airspace Change issues (CAP 725 Airspace Change Process Guidance Document)
- Notify the intent of introducing an IAP to:
- nominated ATS Inspector;
- nominated Aerodrome Inspector;
- DAP Controlled Airspace.
- Arrange a development meeting.
- Submit regulatory material to ASD, ATSD and DAP.
- Promulgate the IAP in the AIP using form 933, once:
- IAP is approved by DAP
- Safety Case is approved by ATSD
- Aerodrome Changes accepted by ASD.
Note: that a double AIRAC cycle is required before the procedure becomes effective.