FAQ Answer

FAQ Answer

The agent has disappeared with my money

If the agent was a member of a trade association you should contact them in the first instance. If you received an ATOL Certificate you should check the status of your booking with the ATOL holder mentioned on it. To find the contact details of all current ATOL holders check our online database.

You should also check with the airline to see if they have, or had, your booking, and what the status is. If it is not a member of a trade association and has not booked you with an ATOL holder your payments are at risk.

If you paid by credit card you might be protected by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by Visa's Chargeback Scheme if you paid by debit card. If you used other methods of payment you should contact Citizens Advice on 08454 040506 or visit www.adviceguide.org.uk.

Problems with Travel Agents