The personal details that appear on your licence should match the information on your photo ID and include your current permanent address.
The information below explains how to tell us about any changes to personal details such as name, permanent address and nationality.
Please note that If you are the holder of an existing UK issued JAR Flight Crew licence which has not already been converted to a Part-FCL licence, then the conversion process will take place when you apply to update your details. This will require you to send us additional information.
Please see our information about licence conversions for more details.
You must have:
- a valid medical certificate appropriate for the type of licence that you are updating.
- a current and valid Language Proficiency level acceptable to the UK CAA.
- £45 for flight crew licences.
- An additional charge of £45 applies if you also hold an examiner authorisation.
See the Scheme of Charges (Personnel Licensing) for details.
Additional fees also apply if you want your documents returned by secure courier.
Processing time (On receipt of all required information)
- We endeavour to process licence applications within 15 working days.
- the updated licence will be valid for life.
Associated Rules, Regulations and Forms
You will need to provide
You do not need to send your original licence, but must provide the following:
- A Certified copy of the Certificate of Revalidation page from your licence.
- An original or certified copy of either your passport, a EEA/EU National Identity Card or a Full EU Photographic Driving Licence.
- An original or certified copy of your Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate, Change of Name Deed Poll, Statutory Declaration or Original Decree Absolute as applicable. (As Per CAP804 Section 3, Part F & G).
The following people can certify copies of your original documents:
- the Head of Training of an Approved Training Organisation (ATO);
- the holder of a registration for a Registered Training Facility (RTF);
- an examiner authorised by the CAA.
How to apply
Once all of the requirements above have been met, the application should be submitted by post or in person to the address below.
What to expect
- A desk based assessment from a Flight Crew Licensing Officer or Assistant.
- Following an acceptable assessment your licence will be processed signed and despatched.
- We will contact you if we have any queries regarding your application and may keep your application pending while the additional requirements are met.
- An assessment and refund fee may be charged if the UK CAA rejects your application for not meeting all of the requirements.
This will also be applied if you choose cancel your application.
Gatwick Airport South