Regulation EU No 748/2012 determines the rules for the certification of design and production organisations. Part-21 subpart G of this regulation concerns the production of EASA aircraft or the associated components.
Removing ratings or facilities from an existing approval
You can remove ratings and facilities here provided that these are the only changes you are making to the approval. There is no charge for this service but you will need to provide a copy of your amended exposition
- An organisation must be located in the UK and already hold a Part 21 Subpart G Approval.
- Organisations located outside the UK, including the Channel Islands, should apply directly to EASA
Airworthiness Application Charges
In the event of a discrepancy between the information here and the Official Record Series 5, CAA Scheme of Charges (Airworthiness, Noise Certification and Aircraft and Aircraft Engine Emissions), the Scheme of Charges takes precedence.
If the number of hours taken by the CAA to carry out its investigations in relation to the application exceeds the cost shown above, the applicant must pay an excess hourly charge. The CAA shall determine the excess hourly charge by taking the total number of excess hours taken by the CAA to complete the required investigations in relation to the application and multiplying that number of hours by an hourly charge. The balance for the excess hourly charge (total hourly charge less initial charge already paid) is payable by the applicant to the CAA and will be invoiced to the applicant.
Payments can be made by credit or debit card or by bank transfer or by a cheque made payable to the Civil Aviation Authority.
When using bank transfer, it would be helpful if you could please identify what the payment is for by including your approval reference and receiving department.
Processing time (On receipt of all required information)
- Correctly completed applications will be processed, acknowledged and passed to the Regional Office for investigation within 10 working days.
- Approval certificates will be processed and dispatched within 20 working days following receipt of a recommendation from a CAA Regional Office.
- Approvals remain valid unless cancelled, suspended or revoked.
- Once granted an approval requires a recommendation for continuation every 24 months from the date of issue.
This is raised by the CAA Surveyor following a satisfactory audit programme
Associated Rules, Regulations and Forms
You will need to provide
- An online application form submitted by an Authorised Representative of the Company.
(See application form for further details on who can apply.)
- A minimum of one EASA Form 4 for key personnel i.e. Quality Manager.
- A draft copy of the Production Organisation Exposition (POE)
- A draft copy of the Capability List if not included within the (POE)
- A demonstration of regulatory need, for example DOA/POA arrangement document, ETSO application.
- A copy of the company Certificate of Incorporation if the change affects the registered company name.
- Payment of the relevant fee (this can be made online)
How to apply
What to expect
- You will receive an automated email receipt after submitting the online application form.
- An e-mail to confirm your provisional Part 21 approval number normally within 10 working days.
- A Technical Support Officer will make an initial assessment of your application and POE and will contact you with any queries.
- The CAA Resource Management Team will contact you to arrange for a Surveyor to carry out an on-site audit.
- Any questions regarding the scheduling of your on site visit can be directed to the Resource Management Team at 01293 573600.
- A CAA Surveyor will conduct an audit against the requirements and any audit findings will be raised in an audit report.
- The Airworthiness Surveyor will review the nominated personnel. Interviews for key personnel may be carried out.
- If findings have been raised, the organisation should address all the findings and notify the Surveyor of the actions taken
- Once any audit findings relating to the initial application have been closed the Airworthiness Surveyor will submit a recommendation to A & A for the issue of the approval.
- When A&A receive the recommendation the approval certificates will be raised and sent to your organisation within 20 working days.
- Your organisation can begin undertaking and releasing work once you receive the certificates.
Contact information for applicants with queries - please supply an email address at minimum
Applications and Approvals
Civil Aviation Authority
Gatwick Airport South
Telephone: 01293 768374 (open 8.30am to 5pm)